- The Government of Barbados is seeking to contract a firm for the provision of construction management consultancy services for the construction of dormitories for the Barbados YouthADVANCE Corps.
- The Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment now invites interested consulting firms to submit Technical Proposals for the provision of the consultancy services for the administration and oversight services for the construction of the dormitories.
- The scope of services includes the provision of administration supervision and submission of reports concluding with a final post construction report.
- In the assessment of submissions, consideration will be given to technical competence, qualifications and experience, local and regional experience on similar assignments and existing commitments. All information must be submitted in English. Further information may be obtained from the address below, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- All Corporate Tenderers must include with their Tender, a copy of the Company’s Articles and Certificate of Incorporation as evidence of the fact that the Company is existing as at the date of the Tender. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION WILL RENDER THE TENDER VOID. The Certificate must be in the name of the Tenderer.
- Local Companies are advised that the Certificate of Incorporation referred to in paragraph five (5) above, means a Certificate of Incorporation issued under the 1995 Companies Act of Barbados or where applicable a Certificate of Continuance and/or Amalgamation or a Certificate of Amendment. Certificates must be dated after 31st December 1984.
- TENDERERS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THE LABOUR CLAUSE (PUBLIC CONTRACTS) ACT, CAP 349 SHALL IN SO FAR AS IS APPLICABLE TO THE TENDER, APPLY TO ANY CONTRACT MADE IN RESPECT OF THE TENDER. FULL DETAILS OF THE CONDITIONS OF THE ACT, CAP. 349 MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE GOVERNMENT PRINTING DEPARTMENT, BAY STREET, ST. MICHAEL. TENDERERS SHOULD SUBMIT THE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED BY PARAGRAPH 3 OF THE SCHEDULE OF THE ACT WITH THEIR TENDERS.
- The successful firm will be required to enter into a contract drafted by or in a form approved by the Solicitor General or a legal officer of the Public Service approved by her. A surety for the due performance of the contract will be required by one of the methods listed below:
- By way of a deposit with the Treasury Department of a sum of money or approved sureties to the value of not less than ten percent of the contract price; or
- By way of a Bank or accredited Insurance Company whose liability shall be not less than ten percent of the contracted price. The cost of obtaining such a surety shall be the responsibility of the consulting entity which need not specifically make arrangements unless and until their tender has been accepted; or
- By way of a Performance Bond.
- Please note that should you opt to utilise a Performance Bond, you are required to submit by way of letter, the name and address of the person or company acting as guarantor to facilitate the preparation of the Performance Bond by the Government of Barbados’ Solicitor General.
- The Original and one (1) hard copy of the Expression of Interest should be submitted to the address below no later than 4:15 p.m., on Friday, February 17, 2023. The sealed envelope containing the Technical Proposal must be submitted in a sealed envelope and should include the name and address of the applicant and shall be clearly marked “Expression of Interest – Construction Management Consultancy Services for the Construction of Dormitories for the Barbados YouthADVANCE Corps”.
- Proposals may also be submitted to PS.MYSCE@barbados.gov.bb no later than 4:15 p.m., on Friday, February 17, 2023. Proposals must also be submitted to the following address:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment
- Late bids will be rejected.
- The Government of Barbados reserves the right to cancel the present invitation partially or in its entirety. It will not be bound to assign any reason for not short-listing any applicant and will not defray any costs incurred by any applicant in the preparation and submission of the Expressions of Interest
- The Government of Barbados reserves the right to accept or reject any bid received.